President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday directed his ministers to remain in office till May 23, 2023.
This was revealed by the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday.
Mr Mohammed was reacting to some speculations on Wednesday that the FEC has been dissolved.
Mohammed said, “the news that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved is not correct. We have been directed by the President that we should all go back and return to our offices. So, it is not true that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved, it is still very much alive.
“The fake news that is circulating that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved, it is not true. It has not been dissolved, we have all been directed to go back to our offices and I’m sure that we’re going to work up till 29th of May. So please ignore the fake news.”
Mr Mohammed said the news report that the council has been dissolved while President Buhari was presiding, was fake news.
He said President Buhari has directed all ministers to return to their desks and continue working.
But some ministers have since handed over to their permanent secretaries whom they ordered to take charge of their respective ministries.
The ministers who were reported to hand over today were Maj.-Gen Salihu Magashoi of Defence, Sunday Dare of Sport and Suleiman Adamau of Water Resources while the Minister of Education is reported to be handing over on Thursday.
President Buhari had earlier swore-in seven federal commissioners of the Revenue, Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).
The federal commissioners include Senator Ayogu Eze (Enugu state), Peter Opara (Imo state), Hawa Aliyu (Jigawa state), and Rekiya Haruna (Kebbi state).
Others are Ismaila Agaka (Kwara state), Kolawole Abimbola (Oyo state) and Ayuba Ngako (Federal Capital Territory).