The Department of State Security (DSS) has arrested two principal suspects in the gruesome burning to death 16 Nigerians of northern extraction in Uromi, Esan North East Local Government last week.
Governor Monday Okpehbolo spokesperson Fred Itua, who revealed this on Wednesday, said operatives of various security agencies were hunting for other key suspects involved in the unfortunate incidents.
It is learnt that the two principal suspects arrested had been moved to Abuja for further interrogation and prosecution by the relevant authorities.
Quoting sources, The PUNCH reports that the 14 suspects arrested in connection with the killings had been transferred to Force headquarters in compliance with the directive of the Inspector-General of Police.
Itua also said he could not confirm if the compensation promised the family of the victim would be financial.
He, however, said the Edo and Kano state governments were working together to fashion out a suitable compensation for the family of the victims.
“As you are aware, Governor Okpehbolo met with the Kano State Government and visited the families of the I6 people that were killed, where he promised compensation.