The Nasarawa State Governorship Elections Petition Trubunal sitting in Lafia, the state capital on Monday declared Mr David Emmanuel Ombugadu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the winner of the March 18, 2023 governorship election in the state. The tribunal sacked Governor Abdullahi Sule of All Progressives Congress (APC) 2:1 split judgement. The following are 10’favts about Mr Ombugadu. Thus:
1. He is 45 years old — having been born on January 10, 1978.
2. He attended one of the oldest colleges in Nigeria, the Government College Keffi.
3. The obtained BSc Economics from University of Jos in 2001 and MSc from Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
4. Ombugadu was a twice elected member of the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2019, representing Akwanga, Wamba and Nassarawa Eggon federal constituency.
5. He was the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 general elections, but lost to Abdullahi Sule of APC.
6. While in the House of Representatives, Ombugadu was a member of the privatization and commercialization committee.
7. He served as a member of the House committee on rules and business.
8. Ombugadu was also a member of the House Committee on public accounts committee.
9. The new governor is a business who entered into Information and Communication Technology.
10. He was into philanthropy where he sponsored the less privileged youths in ICT skills acquisition and also off setting academic fees of indigent students in Nasarawa State.